Gator Guards "Gator Patch" Kayak Repair Patch, Keel Guard, and Skid Plate
Whether you're proactively preventing or repairing, the Gator Guard Gator Patch is the Keel Guard and Skid Plate every kayak angler needs to protect their investment! You no longer have to cringe when you hear the sound of rocks, ramps and oyster beds underneath your kayak because the Gator Patch is your quick fix for a permanent solution. With the ability to stick to the most unforgiving surfaces, the Gator Patch is a fiberglass reinforced polyester patch that will bond to plastic, wood, metal and fiberglass. The installation is as simple as Prep, Peel, and Stick and the sun does the rest. One-hour of UV light will finish the job and cure most Gator Patches for a permanent fix. Protect your investment with the watertight, impenetrable Gator Patch!
Key features and benefits:
- Backed by a Gator Guards 'Satisfaction Guarantee!'
- Simply installation
- For preventative protection and/or repair
- Bonds on virtually any material
- Repairs almost any surface
- Perfect for in or out of the water
- Use for kayaks, boats, canoes, containers, tanks and even plumbing
- Can be drilled, tapped, sanded or painted within an hour
- Made in the USA
- Available in 4 different sizes
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the lifespan of the Gator Patch when used as a keel guard? This is variable depending on factors such as the weight of your boat, usage, and surface types. A key point to remember is that the patch is not indestructible; it's is taking the wear-and-tear of the elements instead of your hull.
- Can the Gator Patch be used on boats over 100 pounds? Yes, but we recommend using multiple layers of the patch to accommodate the heavier weight, more abuse and pressure the patch is required to take.
- How does the Gator Patch adhere to the surface of my kayak, boat, canoe, etc? The bond is both physical from the sanded area (prep step) and chemically bond with a special adhesive. The better the prep area, the better the bond. Detailed prep instructions are included with each patch.
- How do I know what size Gator Patch I need? If you are using the Gator Patch as a keel guard and skid plate on a large kayak or canoe, we recommend using the 9x12". Here are some futher recommendations: Emergency Repairs 3x4", Single Light Wear Area or Repair 3x6", and Multiple Wear Spots or Layers 6x9".