Railblaza Depth Finder & Transducer Mount
The Railblaza Depth Finder & Transducer Mount Kit offers a unique advantage for kayaks that do not have a transducer scupper. This kit has been developed for kayak anglers needing an easy way to install and remove fish finders or sounders. You can install and uninstall your fish finder/sounder in a matter of seconds with no messy adhesives or excessive drilling of fittings required. With our extensive selection of mounts, this kit can be adapted to fit any kayak. Now the transducer will be in the water giving 100% true reading rather than reading through the hull. If you need to get the transducer deeper in the water, simply add an extension. If you are entering shallow water, the factory set friction joints will allow you to lift the transducer out of the way. This mount can be completely removed with one click of the StarPort slide lock, protecting your sounder when in transport, when using the kayak for other activities or when you need to transfer the sounder to another kayak.
Key features and benefits:
- This kit can be adapted to fit any kayak
- Provides an easy way to install and remove fish finders or sounders
- Install and uninstall your fish finder/sounder in a matter of seconds
Selecting a Base for the Transducer Arm and another for the Depth Finder – The Kayak Depth Finder – Sounder & Transducer Mount Kit does not come with an attachment base to the kayak for either the Transducer Arm nor the Depth Finder Mount. This is because of the various options compatible with different kayaks with different features. Here are the mounting options:
1) Track Mounting – For kayaks or canoes with track systems like Native Watercraft, Hobie Kayaks, Wilderness Systems, FeelFree Kayaks, and others the following mounts are best suited and will require no drilling into your kayak. The added benefit to this system is the mounts & kit can be moved to either side of the kayak easily. For the Sounder head unit mounted to the Rotating Platform you will need a StarPort HD & StarPort HD TracMount Kit. This is a completely tool-less option, easily position the mount in the track. For the Transducer Mount, you will need a Railblaza SidePort & YakGear Universal Track Mount and Screw Kit.
2) For kayaks without tracks, the mounting base options will be permanently mounted either using the stainless hardware included in Railblaza bases.