South Bend Replacement Rod Tip Repair Kit
The South Bend Replacement Rod Tip Repair Kit contains three ultra-smooth ceramic tip tops in sizes 6, 7, and 8. These rod tips will fit most fishing rods. The actual sizes are as follows - size 6 (5/54 in), size 7 (6/64 in), and size 8 (7/64 in).
Key features and benefits:
- 3 most popular sized rod tips
- Glue stick included
- Glue is instant hot setting
- Directions included on package
Directions for Replacing the Rod Tip:
- Carefully remove the damaged lip by heating the metal tip. Move flame back and forth while applying only enough heat to remove the top.
- Melt the end of the glue stick.
- Immediately apply glue to the rod tip.
- Apply heat to the tip of the tube (not the rod tip) and then slide it on the rod. This will reheat the glue for maximum adhesion.
- Immediately align rod tip with the rod guides and hold for 3-4 seconds while the glue sets.