Jackson Kayak 2015 Elite Seats (Original, 2.0 and 3.0)
This article will explain which seats come standard on the new 2015 Jackson fishing kayaks. The new Elite 2.0 and 3.0 seats are sure to turn some heads.
Jackson Kayak's New Elite Seat 3.0: (Standard on: Kraken and Coosa HD)
The Elite Seat 3.0 has all the qualities of the Elite Seat 2.0, plus the ability to move forward (fore) and backward (aft). This enables you to adjust your seat for maximum speed and performance. If you are on moving water such as a river, adjust the seat to the aft position to help raise the bow, which will give you more control and maneuverability. For flat water set the Elite Seat 3.0 to the fore position to help lower the bow of the boat, this will give the paddler maximum speed and tracking. For the rest of the details, look below at the 2.0 description.
Jackson Kayak's New Elite Seat 2.0:
The new Elite Seat 2.0 makes your time on the water more enjoyable and more comfortable than ever before. It has a new look and feel with 3D mesh fabric. Jackson made some new changes for improved ergonomics and comfort, along with more storage capabilities, and a new Therm-a-Rest lumbar pad. This is also sturdier than previous models. The 2.0 works on any existing Jackson Kayak that has the elite seat.
- New Look and Feel – Lightweight and breathable 3D mesh with padding for comfort. All black with a new JK logo and reflective piping with a new sleek look.
- Better ergonomics – The top corners of the curved back have been rounded even more for improved comfort. The seat can be removed for transportation, or used as a camp chair.
- Elite Hi/Lo Seating – Optional hi/lo seating - The ‘lo’ position being more stable, where the ‘hi’ position gives you a better view into the water and a more natural seated position for transition to standing.
- Improved ‘first hand’ storage – When in the “hi” position, there are two side pockets that fit Plano 3640-10 Waterproof tackle boxes; still providing plenty of room for 3700 size tackle boxes to fit under the seat. Provides easy access to tackle without having to turn around which frees up more storage in the tankwell.
- New Therm-a-Rest lumbar support – Now comes with a removable Therm-a-rest lumbar pad on fishing models, which can also double as a camping pillow.
- More Secured Seating - Improved security and adjustability - New cam strap system that allows the seat to be cinched down tighter more easily.Original Elite Seat: (Standard On: Original Coosa, Cruises and Tripper):
This model is the original camp style seat.
- John Harley