Kayak of the Month: Jackson Kayak Coosa HD
What is the Jackson Kayak Coosa HD?
The 2015 Jackson Kayak Coosa HD is one of the best selling kayaks of the lineup this year. It is a great boat for both rivers and small lakes which makes it one of the most versatile boats in its class. The Coosa HD is an upgrade to the ever popular Coosa model with a better hull design for bigger lakes and inshore situations which compliments it’s already “moving water” strong suit. The hull of the Coosa HD is still made to tackle rivers, and the HD will track truer on flat water. Drew Gregory and the Jackson Kayak's design team have outdone themselves on this boat!
What it comes with:
- Ample storage locations for fishing gear
- Designed for maximum comfort and stability
- Padded flooring for comfort and stealth
- Removable "Coosa Console" = a large flat deck
- YakAttack gear track positions throughout deck
- New Elite Seat 3.0 (movable fore, aft, & high/low positions)
- New Buck Knives “Splizzors” tool
- Multiple rod holding / staging positions for fly, spinning and baitcasting styles
- Transducer savvy scupper (easily fits any Raymarine fish finder)
- Power-Pole Micro Anchor ready base
- Rod tip covers similar to the Big Rig
- Drag chain chute
- Redesigned padded and adjustable foot pegs
- YakAttack Boomstick comes standard
- GoPro base mount
- Lockable hatches
- Standard hard grab handles
- Stand assist strap
- Paddle scoop and stager
- Jackson Kayak Nalgene bottle & sticker
Would you rather watch a walk-through video?
Here you go! This video will give you an in depth look at all of the great Coosa HD features.
Coosa HD Specs:
Max Capacity: 425 lbs
Weight: 79 lbs (85 w/ Elite Seat)
Front Hatch Length: 10.5"
Seat Type: Elite 3.0
- John Harley