YakAttack TowNStow Scupper Kayak Cart
The TowNStow Scupper Kayak Cart is specifically designed to be used with kayaks that are reinforced and made to work with scupper carts such as Hobie Kayaks. It provides a user-friendly, collapsible, adjustable, and robust design while providing additional fore and aft hull support. Adjusting and collapsing the TowNStow Scupper is a breeze; within seconds and with the push of a button or turn of a knob, you'll have the cart transformed and ready for use. Each cart is made in the USA and adheres to YakAttack's high-quality standards. Built with UV-resistant, high-quality, injection-molded polymers, anodized aluminum tubing, and assembled with stainless steel hardware. YakAttack builds products designed to withstand harsh outdoor and marine environments that the hardcore angler experiences.
Bunks and Adjustability
The scupper cart consists of two posts that rest on the kayak's scupper holes. Featuring four round rubber bunk pads that provide additional support to the kayak's hull. These bunk pads are flexible and conform to the hull's shape, keeping the scupper post firmly in place and preventing unnecessary movement. Easily adjust the bunks from 6.5" to 14.5" wide, making them compatible with various kayak brands and the associated scupper widths. What sets the TowNStow Scupper apart from the TowNStow BarCart and the Bunkster is those carts offer preset bunk-width locations. Now, you'll be able to adjust your Bunkster to accommodate a variety of kayaks.
The TowNStow Scupper cart was designed to be disassembled without the need for additional tools or hardware. The aluminum axle and all components can be removed quickly, and the collapsed cart can be stored in most kayak hatches for easy portability. This eliminates needless trips to and from your car, allowing you to easily transport your cart in your kayak.
Previously, scupper carts would include a locking device to keep the cart in place when inserted into the kayak's scupper. However, for larger kayaks, a one-way Scupper Barb has been added to simplify the process. This feature is useful for those transporting their kayaks in a truck bed. The Scupper Barb can be deployed while the kayak is in the truck bed, preventing the cart from falling to the ground. Note that this feature is for loading and unloading only and is not intended to keep the cart hanging during transit.
Wheels and Tie Downs Points
The included wheels have a 3-piece BeadLoc design and are made of durable, grippy rubber. These airless tires are designed for use on hard-packed surfaces. With the built-in strap loops along the wheel hub, you can secure your kayak while traversing rugged terrain. These tie-down points are designed for use with 1" flat webbing cam straps (which are not included). Easily remove the wheels with the push of a button and a sand tire add-on.
The TowNStow Scupper has two kickstands to make the loading and unloading of kayaks even more convenient. While heavier kayaks like the Pro Angler or Outback require the traditional method of turning them on their side to attach a scupper cart, lighter-weight kayaks such as the Hobie Lynx can be loaded while the cart is upright by utilizing the kickstands. These kickstands are designed to be assembled facing the center of the axle for the broadest range of width adjustment. When not in use, the kickstands snap into the upright position and lock out of the way.
Key features and benefits:
- For use with kayaks that are designed to work with scupper carts such as Hobie®
- Four rubber bunk pads with fore and aft hull support
- Wheels remove with a push of a button
- Built for use in harsh marine conditions
- Built with stainless steel hardware
- 3-Piece BeadLoc wheel design with rubber thread
- Optimized for hard-packed surfaces
- Quick release components to quickly assemble or stow the cart
- Tool-less adjustment
- Touchpoints are highlighted using orange polymers
- Dual Kick-Away Kick Stands
- Made from UV resistant polymers, anodized aluminum, and stainless steel
- Diameter of Scupper post: 1.05”
- Axle Length – 26.5”
- Wheel size – 12” diameter, 2.5” wide
- Weight Capacity - Flat surface rating: 450 lbs., Trail rating: 300 lbs., 5 in. drop rating: 200 lbs. Consult your kayak manufacture for how much weight their scuppers will support.
- Product Weight: 6 lbs. 4 oz.
- Adjustable bunk width with micro adjustments: Min. 5.5”, Max. width 14.5”
- Made in the USA