YakAttack GT175 GearTrac Generation II
The YakAttack GearTrac GT175 Generation II is 40% lighter than the original GT175 without compromizing its strength. It is a very solid base for mounting different products that need quick repositioning. This patent pending design offers a smooth surface to mount kayak accessories and other fishing gear. This is the most durable track system on the market. If you plan on trolling fishing rods from your kayak that are mounted to your track, then this is the model that you will want to purchase. Trolling can put a lot of force onto your rod holders so you will need a sturdy track for a base.
Key features and benefits:
- Heavy duty use
- Can be used to mount rod holders for trolling
- Can be attached to your kayak, boat, ATV, or any other vehicle
- Compatible with 1/2" track hardware
- Track is pre-drilled with 1-5/16" wide X 1-3/4" long holes
- Constructed with aluminum and military grade hard anodize
- Includes GearTrac and stainless steel hardware (#10 blunt tip stainless steel thread forming screws)
Dimensions: 4"-16" x 1-3/4" x 1/2"
Weight: .5 LBS
Note: This product does not come with a 1/8" pilot drill bit. Try not to use screwballs when trolling because they may rotate and unscrew themselves. Instead, use a ball mount like the HD Track Mount that will not rotate.
To learn more about kayak track systems, check out Fishing Online's blog post that contains details about these kayak track mounting systems.